When Someone Breaks the Silence:
When another person speaks or shares, listen to the Spirit speaking through her/him. At first someone else’s voice may appear to be a disturbing interruption to your own train of thought, but listen hard to what God might want to say to you and the congregation through that which is spoken. Be sensitive to how God wants you to respond. Perhaps it will be vocally or it may simply be in silent prayer and thought.
- Stand up when you speak or pray.
- Face the congregation.
- Speak audibly and distinctly.
- Let God’s Spirit discipline your mind.
- Let your words be few and full.
- Speak directly to the point of the Spirit’s leading.
- << Prev